Saturday, May 17, 2008

white LED candles



White LED candles created by my younger brother.
On 2 May 2008 tropical cyclone Nargis hit the coast of Myanmar and devastated large parts of the low-lying delta region of the Irrawaddy River. Winds exceeded 190 kilometres per hour as the storm ripped through the Myanmar’s biggest city Yangon (estimated population 6 million) for over than ten hours. Homes were flattened, more sturdy structures damaged, trees uprooted and power lines downed. In rural parts of the country up to 95 per cent of all homes were destroyed.
We , Myanmar people are collecting donations for the cyclone victims.
International Aid are trying to support cyclone victims.
I collect donations from my colleagues, my students and my friends.
I sent donations to my younger brother who is in Yangon.
He bought rice, sardines , drinking water bottles and he went to Kwan Chan Kone and Dala.
He distributed the food to the cyclone victims.
Nargis cyclone also hit Myanmar's largest city of Yangon on 2nd May , and cutting off electricity.
So Yangon is City in the Dark now. Even Yangon City is in the dark, how could the other small towns be in the light?
My brother created LED candles and he donated to the monasteries and to cyclone victims.
The candles can be lighted by using 3 small batteries.