Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hilsa fish curry

1. one Hilsa fish
2. two big onion
3. two tomatoes
4. 4 cloves of garlic and a little ginger
5. three spoons of cooking oil
6. venegar
7. chili powder
8. tumeric powder
9. salt
10. fish gravy
11. sugar

Cut Hilsa fish into 3 pieces and wash with water.
Put the fish in slow cooker and cook together with a little salt, tumeric powder and 2 spoons of venegar for about 10 hours.


Slice tomatoes and onion.

Crush the garlic and ginger. Boil the cooking oil in the pan, and then cook garlic and ginger together with tumeric powder and chili powder for one minute.



Add tomatoe and onion, after that , add the hilsa fish and cook together with small amount of sugar and fish gravy until the oil comes up the surface.



Ready to serve.
This is my favourite curry. You can eat the fish's bones. The fish was cooked in slow cooker for 10 hours and the bones are already softened because of the venegar.
This is the first time I cook this curry in my life .

Mommy used to cook this fish.

Last week , I told my mommy that I wanted to eat this curry.
But I didn't know how to cook this fish.

Mommy told me that if she cooked for me , how I could know the cooking tips.

And so I asked her the receipes and I went to Boulevard hypermarket and bought the fish two days ago.
Yesterday I cooked it in slow cooker and I kept it in refridgerator last night.
I cooked it this morning. When it was ready to serve, I was the first person who sat at the dining table.
:)
Because this is my favourite curry since childhood.